Apply for employment visa
Apply for employment visa (Visa D)
In order to apply online, you must sign in. In case you do not have registered account click here.
Who is this service for?
The service is foreign citizens who need a visa to enter the Republic of Serbia for employment. This service allows a foreign citizen to apply for a D visa online, by filling out an electronic visa application form through the eConsulate portal.
Visa D allows entry and stay for a period of 90 to 180 days.
Visa D is issued to a foreign citizen who, in accordance with the visa regime, needs a visa to enter the Republic of Serbia and who intends to apply for a temporary residence permit in the Republic of Serbia.
How do I apply for a work visa?
Detailed instructions on how to register and log in can be found here.
Before starting the application process, please prepare:
1. First page of your valid passport (the passport must be valid for at least 90 days after the intended date of departure from the Republic of Serbia, contains at least two consecutive blank pages and has been issued in the last 10 years).
2. Your photo (dimensions 3.5 x 4.5 cm)
3. Invitation letter from a company in the Republic of Serbia
4. Employment contract, work contract, contract on business-technical cooperation, sports engagement or other document proving your employment in the Republic of Serbia.
* The diplomatic - consular mission may request additional evidence. In this case, you will be notified by email.
How long does it take to process my request for visa?
The processing time of the request is usually 15 days, while in some cases it can take up to a maximum of 30 days.
After the visa application has been processed by the diplomatic-consular mission, the applicant receives an e-mail notification of the approved or rejected visa application and the next steps related to the visa issuance.
Are there any fees I need to pay?
In order for the visa application to be taken into consideration, it is necessary to make a payment to the diplomatic-consular mission of the Republic of Serbia.
The payment is made to diplomatic-consular mission to which you have submitted the visa application.
You will receive payment instructions and the amount you need to pay on the final step in application form.
Is there another way to apply for a D visa apart from applying online?
Yes, it is possible to apply for a D visa in any diplomatic-consular mission of the Republic of Serbia directly.
Who can I contact for help?
If you have questions regarding the application process or your submitted visa request, you can contact Ministry of Foreign Affairs by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions and answers can be found here.